Curb Appeal: Dad & Mom to the Rescue!

Our yard was in desperate need of a change. I was afraid Brooke might fall into one of the cracks in the dirt where our grass should be and we would never see her again. Luckily we don't have to worry about that now, after a long weekend of yard work and lots of help from my wonderful parents!

I meant to get a "before" picture but forgot in all the excitement, so here's a "during" picture. 
I pulled out all the pitiful half-dead plants and their roots surrounding this tree. We also took away the dated barrier around the tree. We measured where we wanted new rocks to go with this hose. 
Grammy took a not-too-happy Brooke on a nice wagon ride while we worked.
Here I am happily spreading new topsoil around the yard. Check out the new rocks and the star jasmine ivy we planted around the tree. Dad also bought us the adorable bench in the background. Nice touch! 
"Yay for Grammy & Grandpa Hub!"
Mom & Dad relaxing after a hard day's work.
We finished the day by inviting Aunt Beth over for a birthday celebration in her honor.
"Happy Birthday Aunt Beth!"

Erin  – (September 1, 2008 at 9:46 PM)  

Good job, it looks very nice!

Varner  – (September 4, 2008 at 9:08 PM)  

Great job on the yard! We need to take a lesson from you.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP