Verses of Comfort
I actually picked up Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul 2 (yes I am a cheeseball), and it had some very touching stories and bible verses that were of some comfort. I keep reminding myself that God has a plan, even if I can't understand it right now.
Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, though he may die, he shall live." -John 11:25
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." -Eclesiastes 3:1
"Whoever welcomes children in my name welcomes me." -Mark 9:37
"And all things, whatever you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." -Matthew 21:22
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." -Proverbs 16:9
Please feel free to add to my list!

The verses I use for comfort include:
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Philippians 4:6-8
After my family had 3 deaths in 6 weeks, I literally had to fight off the spiritual battle in my head with this scripture at first on an hourly basis:
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised." In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.
Job 1:21-22
My heart is with you and so are my prayers.
We love you 3 so much and will keep praying for continuous healing and strength from the Lord for your whole family.