Heartbroken
This past week, horrible tragedy has devastated the hearts and lives of my family.
Tuesday morning September 9th, a freak accident in the bathtub sent my sister-in-law Kristina to the ICU. My brother Tommy unceasingly prayed for a miracle and diligently stayed by her side around the clock. After some time, it was determined she no longer showed any brain activity. Tommy, along with Kristina's family, came to the impossibly difficult decision to remove her from life support and donate her organs on Thursday.
Tommy, or Tom, as most people call him, was a broken man. Kristina was the love of his life, and he felt completely devastated at the thought of going on in this world without her. He told me several times during this awful time to tell his children he loved them so much. By Friday, we thought we had convinced Tom that he would get through this with the Lord's strength and lots of support from loved ones. No one could have known what was to come. Tragically, Tom slipped away while others were sleeping Friday morning, and later that day he took his own life.
I cannot describe the pain I feel. It is like nothing I have ever experienced.
Kristina and Tommy leave behind three beautiful, amazing, loving children: Austin, age 7, Ginny, almost 3, and Charlotte, 4 months. I have been blessed to be able to care for them during this time of uncertainty.
Please keep these sweet children in your prayers, as well as Kristina's family and my family, who are all grieving the tragic loss of two vibrant and loving people. Our suffering is far from over. I have found comfort in the fact that both Tom and Kristina were deeply devoted to their Christian faith. I believe they were truly meant to be together, as they now are in Heaven.

your families are in our prayers.
We were so sad to hear this news on Sunday. We have been praying for all of you daily & will continue to do so.
I am so sorry Kim. My heart aches for you. The loss is unimaginable and as you told him, only God fully knows how badly you hurt, miss and are mourning for Tom & Kristina. I'm so sorry for those sweet children as well. They are blessed to have you and the rest of the family during this tragedy.
I'm so to hear of your loss. I cannot even begin to imagine how your hearts are hurting right now. You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Jill
I cry reading your words and have had you and your family frequently on my mind. I hate that this has happened to such a beautiful family and for the pain you are enduring now. I am thankful that you have the Lord to lean on and that these children have your family to hold them close. Every photo on your blogs shows a family that is bonded together and in love with the Lord. May that strength, that faith and that love help you find your way through this deep darkness. I am so sorry!
Kim, David, and Brooke - you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. May you feel the comfort of the Lord during this time of pain.
I can't express how sorry I am! I am just glad that we were able to be there for you and the family to show support.
Kimber, you are such a beautiful writter. I hope that you don't mind that I basically copied what you wrote and added it to my blog.
I Love You!!!
Erin
You are all in our thoughts in prayers. We are so sorry for your loss.
Kim -
We have been praying for you since we heard the news from Lori last week. We will continue to pray for the strength of your family and for continued Christian influences in the lives of those sweet children.
In Him - Robin
Kim,
I heard about your losses from Amy this morning. My heart aches for your family and the children. May God surround you all with unbelievable peace as you grieve.
I'll be praying for your family.
Curt and I are praying for you.