Not the baby anymore?
It is sinking for Brooke that she's not the center of the universe in Mount Pleasant anymore. She now has to share that spotlight with precious little Avery Grace. She doesn't mind too much...as long as Avery stays off her quilt at Grandma's house.
"Look Avery, just keep doing that cute face and you'll get whatever you want around here. Trust me."
Just like a football
Special reading time with Grandma
Brooke signing and saying "baby" around Avery
Ok, to the quilt business. Grandma used to lay this quilt on the floor for Brooke when she was smaller. I had no idea she would remember it, but as soon as we put Avery on it, Brooke threw a fit! We finally figured out that she did NOT want that baby on her quilt. Here I captured a brief moment when she wasn't trying to hog the entire quilt. Look how much bigger she is than Avery!
"MY quilt!"
Silly girl!

Brooke is precious! I don't blame her about the quilt! :-) Avery Grace is beautiful too.
Your pictures are so cute! Isn't it funny how when you only have one child everything revolves around them? I can completely see how it seems so confusing to them to have to share all of that attention. We have experienced that same thing with Mason!
Kim-
I don't know where else to put this...we are praying for you and your family. Words fail but know that we are here for you. Thank you for the kind note you sent us recently! I don't know how we get through any kind of tragedy without a Faith in God, and the love of our friends and family. Praying you are surrounded by HIS presence in the midst of this dark storm.
-A