Valentine's Day Baby Style
We had a sweet and special Valentine's Day, the first with our baby girl. I made an attempt at cooking a real meal (woohoo!) that I saw on Rachel Ray that day. It was called Love Birds in a Nest and was really chicken breasts, mushrooms, and brie cheese wrapped in dough. Rachel Ray called it foolproof, so I thought I would go for it since foolproof is about all I can do. Mom was very helpful over the phone. It turned out alright, but not as good as it should have, seeing as I spent as much on ingredients as it would have cost to dine out. Mom said your own cooking never tastes as good as someone else thinks it does. I have yet to find the "joy" in cooking, but have definitely mastered the joy of eating.
I also received a record number of texts on V-Day. Random I know.
Anyway the food was not the best part; it was the special family evening that made our Valentine's Day memorable. David came home with flowers, cards, and goodies for his girls. He is so great at speaking to me in my love language-words, words, words of affirmation. The card is definitely a keeper. Brooke enjoyed her Valentine's gifts, especially the balloon Daddy bought her. I just melt when I witness those special daddy-daughter moments because I know how it feels to be a Daddy's girl through and through. We enjoyed a quiet candlelit meal and read over our cards from each other and from family. I am so thankful for all the ways God has chosen to bless us. Valentine's Day might be cheesy to some, but why not have a day just for extra love? That's my take on it.
Here are some shots from our day....

aawww, love the Bagley's... glad you had a wonderful day! I agree, any excuse is a good one for showing people you love them :-)
Glad both girls had a good day. I love all of the recent pictures!
Brooke is just adorable. Love the captions for these pictures! Sounds like the Bagley's had a romantic Valentine's day baby and all.