30 something days to go...



Well, I decided to incorporate something from my spiritual upbringing back into my life: Lent. I am very vulnerable to distractions of this world, and I felt that I needed to focus more on Jesus, quiet time, and strengthening my faith and dependence on God. I had to choose something to give up for about 40 days (Sundays are not counted in the total #, sigh), and easily Diet Dr. Pepper came to mind. It is my fix. It is my crutch. It is my addiction. So I decided to quit DDP and all other caffeinated or carbonated drinks. A week ago Tuesday I had my last sip until Easter.  I know my 40 some-odd days without soda seriously pales in comparison with Jesus' time in the wilderness, but it will be no easy feat for me. Good thing I won't be on my own. 

Miranda  – (February 13, 2008 at 7:31 AM)  

I'm proud of you Kim, and I'll be praying for you! I know you can do it. :-)

Anonymous –   – (February 13, 2008 at 8:03 PM)  

That's such a great positive thing for your health too :-))

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP