Princess Retreat


This weekend I attended our church's annual Ladies Retreat. As usual, I had a wonderful time in worship and in fellowship with my sisters in Christ. I am very thankful for this opportunity, and I am also thankful that I have a husband that thinks it is very important too. I didn't stay overnight for a couple of reasons--baby at home & saving $$--but I think I will make it a point to stay next year because I know I missed out on some serious slumber partying. 


Anyway, a couple of big points I took from the speaker, Sue Bohlin and some wise women of our church...
1) Analogy I have heard before but thought about in a different way this weekend--Our Lord is the King of kings, and as His child, I am a princess. I was perfectly made and designed with special effort. Therefore, I have priceless "bling" that is given to me, and I should be careful with it so it will not become tarnished.
2)  Bling Tarnishers--complaining & arguing, unforgiveness, & shame
*** Complaining is telling God that He isn't doing a good enough job.
***Jesus Jail- When I am not forgiving someone, it's like I am a sheriff handcuffed to a prisoner. I have to carry this person and this offense everywhere with me. It is exhausting. But there is an alternative. I can transfer this person to Jesus Jail. This means I have to uncuff myself from this person and this offense from my wrist and place it on Jesus'. I tell Jesus everything this person has done to hurt me, then I hand them over. There is only one condition. I can't worry about what happens to this person. Jesus takes that authority from me. He may choose to forgive, punish, or bless this person, but I have no say. I have to simply walk away knowing that it's out of my hands and I can entrust it with Jesus. 
***Shame is believing what the world says about you instead of what God says about you.
3) Chores are blessings. A sink of dirty dishes means my family had enough food to eat this week. An unmade bed=a warm place to sleep. I should do these tasks with joy in my heart knowing I have been provided for.
4) J-O-Y=Jesus is first, Yourself always last, and Others in between.

I left the retreat refreshed and energized. 

And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  -Philipians 4:7


 

Anonymous –   – (February 5, 2008 at 10:49 PM)  

Really good summary. I enjoyed as well.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP