The plan today was to fill in for Lori and babysit Amy's sweet daughter Rachel. I decided I was actually running early so I should treat myself to some breakfast. Well as I was planning my turn to the McDonald's, some courteous drivers stopped and waved me through to the parking lot. I proceeded to turn when, CRASH!!! We were jolted violently and tilted with the impact of another car smashing into the passenger side of ours. Then in panicked slow motion, I got out of the car and opened the back seat door to find my little precious baby in tears, wailing but safe and secure in her car seat. I dialed 911. I looked over to see the woman in the other car disoriented but talking on the phone. Her airbags had deployed. The tears came. Soon enough the police and fire truck arrived. I remember thinking, Why is there a fire truck here? I called Amy to apologize and tell her what happened. She immediately offered to come pick us up. I left a message with David's school, and before I knew it he was on his way too. The paramedics quickly examined Brooke and said she looked fine.
Wait a minute...my baby was fine? I was fine? Turns out the other woman was fine too. What a miracle! We were safe and unharmed.
From this point time went a lot faster. Everyone else took care of things from here. Amy took Brooke and watched her in her car. Meanwhile she found another friend to babysit Rachel for the day. The policemen called the wrecker. The wrecker called the service place. David came with a big hug and cleared out our bags and car seat from the car. Then he said, "Let's get some breakfast." So the three of us finally had that breakfast I had set out to enjoy.
When we got home I knew I had a call to make other than the insurance claims. You see, my selfless and generous parents are lending me their car. Oops. I was afraid to call Dad, so I called Mom first. She assured me that all they cared about was mine and Brooke's safety, she loved us soo much, and she would call Dad. Dad called a few minutes later and said about the same thing. Don't worry. Everything will be fine.
God showed us love and protection today, just like every day but I really noticed it this day. He showed me just how much everyone around us cares. I am enjoying every minute of being home with Brooke today. I need to remember just how blessed we are, and that we are always in good hands.
I am so sorry that happened to you today while you were trying to be sweet for me. You were such a trooper coming to small group tonight. We are praying for you guys, love you!!!
What a blessing that you and Brooke are fine! I hope everything with the insurance works out smoothly!
I am so glad that you all are ok. Good luck with getting everything fixed with the car.
Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you are all OK. Here's a BIG HUG for all 3 of you -- and I can't wait to hold little Brooke this summer! ~Aunt Darla