Friends and Firsts

Last weekend was supposed to be a "relaxing" weekend since we have a ton of activities scheduled through mid--no make that through the end of November. The thing is, when you're in town and don't have much planned, things start getting scheduled for those days. So we had a not so relaxing but way more fun than expected weekend full of friends and firsts.


Friday night David attended the high school game with his cousin Mark. Meanwhile, I took Brooke to a Stampin' Up Party at Kimberlee's. Brooke, of course, was so great while Mommy stamped. Saturday morning I woke up bright and early and got my flu shot. When I got home we packed up the car and headed to Colleyville to visit our dear friends Davey, Lacey, and their baby Gracey at their new house! Let me just say that Mapquest is not always so clear, so we ended up turning around about seven times before we found their house. Davey & Lacey were also hosting some out of town friends from Harding, so it was a fun little group. Little Gracey was soo sweet with baby Brooke. She needs the practice, as her mommy will be having another baby in March. Every time we asked Gracey, "Do you want a new baby sister?" She said, "No." It was really funny.
We left at around 4:00 because we had to be at Justin & Allison's house at 6:30 for Dinner for 8. We swung by home and got some new bottles prepared and made a quick stop at Tom Thumb to buy a chocolate cake, as I had volunteered to make dessert. Well someone made it anyway. It ended up being a pretty good cake. I was relieved when we got to their house and saw that I was not the only one bringing store bought things to the dinner. Brooke was really awesome considering she had had a very busy day. Our friends were so sweet with her and very understanding. We were the only ones in the group with a baby, so she had lots of willing hands to hold her.
We got home that night and I cooked up some food for potluck the next morning. We actually made it to early service for the first time as parents, only about 5 minutes late. Brooke was making happy noises during Sunday School, but noises just the same, so we went out into the hallway and played with sweet little Ava. This is their first picture together.
After church and before the Cowboy game, we decided to drive around and look at houses. We needed to stop and feed Brooke, and we ended up finding this cute little park. Brooke tried out a playground swing and slide for the first time. Our little girl is getting so big!


We made it home shortly after the Cowboy game started, and left for evening service at church right after halftime. I was really proud of David for pulling himself away from the game to go to church. What a great leader of our family! It turned out to be a great thing, because watching the outcome of the game would have been pretty painful.

We decided that we can't just pick up and do a bunch of stuff like we did pre-baby. It's rather exhausting for us and for her. We are learning as we go I guess, and we're having so much fun!

Varner  – (October 16, 2007 at 7:18 PM)  

I love the pictures. Life sure changes when you have kids, but it is so worth it. I know that Brooke has been a great blessing to yours and David's life. I can't believe how big she has gotten.

Amy McCown  – (October 17, 2007 at 3:21 PM)  

It looks like you had a busy, but fun weekend. You and I have the same style of baking - either have someone else do it or buy it where I just have to put it in the oven. :-)

Miranda  – (October 17, 2007 at 3:34 PM)  

The picture of her in the swing is so sweet! By the way, we live in a really quiet, friendly neighborhood!

Anonymous –   – (November 3, 2007 at 5:35 PM)  

I love the one with her on the swing and she looks like she is smiling with her face all crinkled up. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP