The Fabulous Five Month Old


Dear Brooke,

It's hard to believe you have been in our lives for 5 months already. You have brought us so much joy. Being your Mommy has been better than I ever could have imagined. In honor of you turning 5 months old, I have compiled 5 lists of 5 items each.

5 Things You are Doing Now
1. You smile at anyone who smiles at you.
2. You babble often and squeal when you are happy.
3. You can grab toys, hold them, and bring them to your mouth.
4. You can roll over from front to back.
5. You sit up with help and you love standing.

5 Things People Have Said About You
1. "She is such a good baby."/"Is she always this good?"/"She's so easygoing."
2. "She looks just like her Mommy." :)And a few "She looks like David."
3. "What beautiful eyes!"
4. "Look at those gorgeous lips."
5. "She's delicious."/"She's beautiful."/"She's so pretty."

5 Things You Love
1. You love to hear your voice, and you look surprised sometimes when you make a loud noise.
2. You love cuddling with anyone.
3. You love to stand up.
4. You love seeing Daddy when he comes home from work.
5. You love it when people smile at you and talk to you.

5 Things I Love About You
1. I love that you wake up in the morning talking in your crib, and when I come to get you, you give me the biggest smile and flail your arms and legs in joy at seeing me.
2. I love the way your face lights up when you are happy. Your gummy grin, your chubby cheeks, and your eyes that literally do 'smile'.
3. I love taking naps cuddled up with you.
4. I love watching you take interest in new things.
5. I love that you make us a family, and you are a constant reminder of God's blessings in our lives.

5 Things God Has Taught Me Since Your Arrival 5 Months Ago
1. I understand better now how God loves us as children. No matter what you do I will love you beyond words.
2. I have a greater appreciation for my parents and their love for me. How blessed am I to have such wonderful examples.
3. Not having much and not feeling prepared were such unnecessary worries. God provides. All the apprehension we had before you were born about how we would handle having a baby seems silly now. We have all we could want and more.
4. I realize again how blessed I am to have married Daddy. I know he is the best possible father for you and is such a great Christian man that will help lead you through life.
5. I have learned a little more about selflessness.

I am joyfully anticipating what the next five months of knowing you will bring. You are so special to us, and each day with you is such a blessing. We love you baby girl!

Love,
Mommy


Anonymous –   – (October 24, 2007 at 10:59 PM)  

aaahhhh. you are an amazing mommy, what a beautiful tribute and I agree with all the wonderful things about the smile, the giggles and the easy going nature. Brooke, you are beuaitulf, just like your mommy :-)

mitzi  – (October 26, 2007 at 12:19 PM)  

you are so sweet Kim! i love hearing things to come with our little ones...so much fun! i love seeing the new pictures, she is so precious!

Varner  – (October 27, 2007 at 3:15 PM)  

That is so sweet Kim. What a neat idea!

Miranda  – (October 29, 2007 at 1:20 PM)  

She is such a sweetie! Don't forget Brooke....when Mommy and Daddy need a date night, Aunt Miranda doesn't live far away!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP