5 Cents
Today Brooke had her first visit to the Emergency Room. While riding in the car, she swallowed a nickel. I didn't actually see her swallow it; I just sort of remember a nickel being there and then it wasn't, and then Brooke was crying, "My money!" It was a good thing she was crying and talking, and breathing for that matter. I told David to drive to the hospital. It felt like a very long ride but we got there, and surprisingly for Memorial Day the waiting room was empty. Brooke did great with the nurses and doctors, and she was so brave for her x-ray, only crying for Mommy but remaining still as she was instructed.
They gave us the news: There was indeed a nickel in our girl's tummy. This is actually the best scenario, because hopefully she will not need any invasive procedures. The nickel should pass on its own in a couple of days.
In the meantime we plan to introduce her to a piggy bank.
They gave us the news: There was indeed a nickel in our girl's tummy. This is actually the best scenario, because hopefully she will not need any invasive procedures. The nickel should pass on its own in a couple of days.
In the meantime we plan to introduce her to a piggy bank.


What is it about putting random objects in your mouth that sounds like fun to kids? Glad she's okay!
I'm so happy that she is fine! I bet she thinks twice before eating other random objects!
Glad she is okay.
oh goodness,.... memories are made in all kinds of ways
Sounds like something to look forward to...
Seriously, I'm glad she is OK. Kids!