God Provides!
Something amazing happened yesterday! Shortly after David came home from work, he received a phone call asking if in fact he was the David who had three kids and twins on the way. David said yes he was, then the man instructed him to look in the driveway. Sitting there was this:
The man said "God Bless" and then hung up. A note in the front seat read as follows:



David, Kim, Austin, Ginny, and Brooke,
We are so happy to share in the good news of the coming twins. We know that this will present some new challenges for your family and would like to take one thing off your list. We know you'll soon have need for a vehicle that seats seven!
This van is yours now. It has been well maintained, complete with records, and should provide for your family for the next few years. The tires are brand new and we've had the van inspected by a mehanic...hopefully it won't give you any trouble anytime soon!
We deeply admire your love for the Lord and know that he has blessed you in many ways for your faith and reliance on Him. Thank you for being good examples for us all. We love you.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:6
Accompanying the note was a large amount of cash. We were completely shocked. Who would do this? We had to know.
We called the phone number provided for title details, and the person on the other line said that a group of people wanted to anonymously do this for us. Incredible.
If you are reading this and you are part of this gift in any way, THANK YOU!!! You may never know how much this means to us. We are completely amazed by your kindness. YOUR example is the one to be followed. God has provided for us again and again, never forsaking us, but still I am astonished by His grace.
The week leading up to yesterday had been especially hard. Our other car was in the shop, the kids were having a rough time with behavior, some court issues were hanging like a cloud over us, we just felt worn out, especially thinking about the financial implications of the two little ones to come. Less than 24 hours before we were given this gift, David and I asked God in prayer, How can we do this? We are overwhelmed. Please help us. Take away the worry and show us your will.
The very next day he answered our prayer. I am brought to tears by the ways we have been blessed over and over again. Today I woke up with a new attitude. I was a better mom. I was much less selfish in my prayers. And I can't help but read the verse on the note over and over again. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:6
Thank you God!
More pictures...
I had been doing some online browsing of used minivans. There was no way around it--we HAD to get a new car with 3rd row seating. This is totally what I would have picked out, color and everything! What a gift. The kids check out their new car:
Brooke called shotgun.
And Ginny, who obviously picked out her own clothes this day, loves her new car! The reason for the headphones? There is a DVD player included! Wow!
We are so thankful!

Definate tears in my eyes. What a way for God to answer your prayers. Thank you for sharing this.
This is so amazing. I was brought to tears when my mom called me last night and told me the good news. God is truly looking out for your family, this couldn't have been a bigger sign of that. It's just amazing!!!
I also want to thank those who gave this great gift. Thank you so much for helping my cousins in this completely selfless act.
It would be so much easier to write this if I didn't have TEARS STREAMING DOWN MY FACE! I am so happy for you guys. Your faithfulness, humility, and thankfulness have been so evident in all of this and I am so glad that God has blessed you.
What a blessing!!
If we step back and allow him, God will bless us far beyond what we could hope or imagine. Praise God!
This is truly wonderful! I too have tears as I read this. I love the pictures of the girls, all ready to go!
Dear Kim, David and Family, I join you and all the others with tears of joy and the awesome feeling of the Lord's omnipotent 'fountain of blessings' He has bestowed upon you. I've heard of anonymous gifts such as this but never experienced it so closely - truly, no one deserves this more than you, my precious family!
God says, "ASK and it shall be given" and "TRUST in the Lord" - what more can we do to be blessed as you have been.
I join you in thanking those wonderful people for such generous hearts. May God bless them as well.
Oh, Kim, I barely know you and I'm crying. I had no idea you were expecting twins, but I knew you had alot on your plate. What an awesome testimony to our awesome God!!!
that is just AMAZING! when i was reading the letter it made me want to cry!
I love the color and love this post! Your grace and humility continue to inspire me. Thank you for being such a light to those around you. Can't wait to see your new wheels in person when we all go to Pump It Up soon! It's so cool to see up close what God's people are doing to serve on this earth. (There is just no way to read this post with dry eyes!)
Wow..wow..wow!! I'm just speechless. Isn't God truly amazing??!!! Awesome:)
How totally awesome!!! Your story brought tears to my eyes. God is so Good!