Beep Beep Beep
>> 1/11/08 –
funny
"Who, me?"
It is apparent that our baby has inherited her parents' sense of humor. Besides being a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of girl, she has some extra silliness to her.
For example, her favorite time to go exploring is the second I take off her diaper. She despises sitting still for a diaper change and must turn over to crawl somewhere away from me. Here she is caught in action. Notice how I captured the trail of diaper and clothes in the picture.
On the rare occasion that she is fussy for no obvious reason, the only song that will calm her is "The Wheels on the Bus". It is pretty hilarious. She'll stop screaming and immediately smile while I sing this song to her. No other song gets this kind of result. In fact, I've had to make up several more verses to the song to keep it interesting..."The cats on the bus say 'Meow, meow, meow...'" I doubt any cat on a bus would be that calm. Perhaps we have a future bus driver in the making.
Her favorite game right now is pulling an object off a shelf/coffee table/couch and seeing how loud it hits the floor. And forget toys, her favorite play item which doubles as a chew toy is the remote control. We have put a couple dud remotes in her toy box. She also likes to squeal or scream and flail her arms when people come over. Pretty silly and pretty cute.
She also snorts when she laughs.
We are relieved to know she has a good sense of humor. What would we do with a serious child?

She is such a happy baby, those eyes and smile have sunk us. Thanks for letting us love on her every Wednesday :-)) That pic is hysterical!
That picture is so funny. We are big fans of Wheels (Layton's name for it) as well. I had been singing the cradle roll version and did not realize the babies on the bus could go up and down instead of waaa, waaa, waaa.