Right About Now

Right about now, when pretty much all of August has shown heat over 100 degrees, and as I listen to the forecast for still a triple digit scorcher of a week, I can't help but wish I were here...


at over 8,000 ft. elevation,

perhaps wearing a light jacket in the summer,

breathing the freshest of fresh air,

and peacefulness comes easy,

where it would be hard to dispute the majesty of God's creation,

 on top of New Mexico's Johnson Mesa,

at the Sumpter Ranch.
My grandparents Ben & Marie Sumpter were married in 1930, and a few years later they bought the Sumpter Ranch. Little did they know, it would capture the hearts of their grandchildren and great-grandchildren too. We missed going there this summer, but I hope we can get there soon.

Unknown  – (August 17, 2010 at 4:46 PM)  

These pictures are gorgeous, Kim!!

Tom and Nancy  – (August 17, 2010 at 4:47 PM)  

I grew up visiting Texline, Texas each summer when my dad would conduct the VBS there. We would get so excited to see Rabbit Ears because we new we were getting close. I love the drive from Clayton to Raton.
Nancy

Mom –   – (August 17, 2010 at 5:53 PM)  

Sure miss being there this summer!

Aunt Darla –   – (August 17, 2010 at 8:54 PM)  

I too was remembering my Mom & Dad on their anniversay this past Saturday. We are all so blessed to have their spot on Johnson Mesa to enjoy.

Thank you for so beautifully expressing and depicting what I have thought many times.

Love you, sweet niece!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP