Before Our Eyes
Before any more time slips away, I want to express just how much we are enjoying our littlest ones. I feel like we are in a good groove right now. Claire and Keely are very easy babies now, despite their fussy beginnings. They are on a wonderful routine. They sleep great at night and nap well, even simultaneously! They seem to be each other's security blanket. One fusses if the other is not in the same room when going to sleep. Then in the morning they wake up and talk to each other for a long time.
As of the week before Christmas, both Keely and Claire officially became crawlers. Keely first as I mentioned before, then Claire in her own time. Now we are having fun trying to contain these little explorers. Somewhere in that mix they became expert sitters, Keely first, then Claire.
As for the tooth count, Keely got her first tooth a couple of weeks ago, then Claire's first tooth broke through a few days later. I should have kept better records of exactly when all this happened, but the holiday madness got the best of me. Then came Keely's second tooth, and now Claire has a second tooth also. They each got the bottom right front tooth, followed by the bottom left front tooth.
Claire and Keely both love to eat baby food. Really, they will try anything. Their latest fave is munching on Baby Mum-Mums. I think they like the independence of feeding themselves.
Claire
Keely
To read my own writing, it seems like I'm lumping these two together a lot. It's just that they really do seem to do just about everything at the same time or together. I know as time goes on they will assert their individuality more expressively, and I will do my best to nurture it. I actually think about and pray about this all the time, along with how big sister will fit in. I am currently reading several twin-rearing/child-rearing books that will hopefully help.
So let's point out a few differences that I'm noticing at this age.
Keely is an adventurer. She loves to move to the complete other side of the room from where you put her. She has a high pitched scream/squeal that is very distinctive. She babbles consonants constantly. David said she mumbled "Mama" while I was gone to the store the other day. Keely likes to be tickled by David's chin stubble.
Claire is a great observer. She keeps her eye on me at all times. Claire's cry is more mellow; I guess she thinks sister will get the job done. Claire likes to stick out her tongue, and she loves to giggle when you put your face close to hers. She likes to be carried so she can watch what I'm doing.
Sometimes I still can't believe I get to be Mommy to the three most wonderful little girls. It is hard to believe how fast they have already grown. The upcoming year will be filled with so many beautiful milestones. I feel incredibly blessed.
