First Day of School
This week marked a huge milestone in Brooke's life... the beginning of her academic career!
As much as David and I excitedly talked about school, Brooke was not thrilled about beginning this next chapter in her life. Upon hearing our happy school talk, her response was usually "I don't WANT to go to school!" She wasn't in a bad mood or anything, it's just that when we mentioned it, she would say that. Picture a big bottom lip sticking out at this point. To add to the mix, she behaved horribly at Meet the Teacher night, but thankfully most of her tantrum throwing occurred in the hallways and not the classrooms.
Needless to say, I was pretty nervous about that first morning. The car ride was accompanied by a few made-up-silly-songs-about-big-girls-going-to-school, courtesy of Mommy. She was not moved.
To my great surprise, as we pulled up to the church building, Brooke yelled gleefully, "My school!" I knew we were going to be okay at that point.
After stumbling into the wrong classroom because Mommy was slow with the giant double stroller, Brooke finally made her way to Mrs. Michelle's class. She gravitated toward the center with the cars, and that was it. She was glad to be there in her new place of belonging, her first real classroom. I snapped a few pictures and said goodbye (Brooke didn't even look up when I left), and I left my preschooler for the day.
The day crept by. The twins were very very good; my day seemed so much easier, and I felt great about all the experiences Brooke would be having this year at school. By the time I picked her up, I was bracing myself for the day's report. Brooke is going through a "belligerent" stage, so I was kind of worried. Her teacher brought her out and gave Brooke a glowing report; she said Brooke had a great first day! Brooke was so happy, and this time our ride home was filled with a little girl's tales of school adventures (as much as a two year old can tell anyway). I have a feeling we will have less of a battle getting to school tomorrow morning.
This is going to be a fantastic year!

I'm so glad that Brooke had a great start to preschool. I know that is a huge load off of your mind!