Stopping Traffic

I flew solo last weekend to the Braunf to host my dear friend Karene's baby shower.  With lots of help from Mom, I made a watermelon fruit buggy, yummy spinach dip, & a lovely cheeseball for the occasion. Thanks Mom! Everything was set to go for the shower when Emily picked me up and we headed to the clubhouse the hostesses had reserved for the day...or so we thought! Turns out the clubhouse was double-booked that day with another baby shower and ours, so the location quickly changed to Karene's aunt's beautiful house. So Em and I set up the food, then turned around to redirect OUR shower guests to a new destination while the other hostesses got the house guest-ready. We took turns flagging down every single car on the road to the clubhouse for twenty minutes. We got some pretty interesting reactions, my favorite from an older lady who was hard of hearing and hesitant to open her car window to a couple of strange arm flailing girls in dresses. 

When we finally arrived at the shower, sweaty and frazzled, we saw Karene's smiling face and knew it was all worth it! The shower turned out great, without any lost guests! 

Me, Emily, Karene, & Genae
Mommy-to-be and me
I stole this idea from Robin's blog--Thanks Robin!
the spread

Lori  – (August 16, 2008 at 8:53 PM)  

I loved that idea too from Robin I'm totally stealing it next month for a shower as well :-) You're such a sweet friend to flag everyone down for your friend!

Varner  – (August 17, 2008 at 8:04 PM)  

The food looks so yummy! I'm glad everything worked out okay.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP