Do we have THAT kid?!

Brooke had another first yesterday--her first biting offense. I say first, but let's cross our fingers that it's the last. ::Sigh::

Brooke and Colt were playing with Colt's rocking horse. Apparently Colt entered "Brooke's space" and she responded by saying, "NONONO!", then leaning over and biting his wrist. And of course, there's a big red mark on his arm. 
Well that led to another first--Brooke's first time out. I sat her down in the corner and she didn't care one bit. She got up a moment later and I sat her back down. Eventually she got annoyed, but by this point who knows if she connected the time out with the bite. 
We said sorry to Colt and Brooke gave him a hug, and I tried my best to keep the two apart for the rest of the day (How do I explain 2 bites?!?). 
I also worry about her in the church nursery. She doesn't like anyone to be in her way there either. 
I know biting can be normal, but I hope it will not become a habit. PLEASE if you have any advice let me hear it! 

Lori  – (August 19, 2008 at 9:29 PM)  

We have biters in pre-school and we say no bite immediately afterwards. You did great, we separate them too. Parents feel bad about it, but don't take it personally. You are doing a wonderful job with her. She just doesn't have the verbal skills and it's her way of showing her frustration.

Erin  – (August 20, 2008 at 10:22 AM)  

I blame the kids at the family reunion. Since Zac was bitten by that little boy he has started biting Brayden. The last time it happened we took away his precious bear as punishment, that was about two weeks ago and he hasn't done it since.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP