Christmas in the Braunf
>> 12/31/07 –
celebrations,
Christmas,
grandparents,
the Braunf
Early Christmas Eve we headed to NB for Christmas with my family. I know it sounds hectic with all the travel, but we really did get some relaxation time once we got there. We are always quite pampered while visiting my parents.
We decided to make the 8:00 pm Christmas Eve Candlelight church service. I was looking forward to it very much because I had missed it last year. Well we got there at 7:58 and the church was completely packed; we could hardly fit into the door. After a few minutes of claustrophobia we left and resolved to come back for the 11:00 service. 

To pass the time, we drove out to Santa's Ranch and saw some beautiful Christmas lights. I was glad to see biblical scenes along with Santas and reindeer. They had a giant Noah's Ark, three crosses, and a nativity scene. 

David especially liked the red, white, and blue display. Afterward, we went home and put Brooke to bed. David stayed with her while Mom, Kelly, & I enjoyed the late candlelight service that was not very crowded at all. It was beautiful.
Christmas morning was great. Mom made a breakfast pizza that was very delicious. I said the blessing and was so glad we started the day off remembering why we were celebrating.
Brooke, David, and I got some great presents, and we enjoyed seeing everyone open gifts we had given them. Summer, Michael, Felix, & Kendra came over later in the day and we got to do it all over again with them.
We were able to stay a couple of extra days there which was very nice. It is never easy leaving my family. We made it home at a good time and were able to spend a day at home before our next Christmas adventure...
