We have a crawler...and a climber!!!





Brooke has been making her way around the living room for some time now, but you couldn't really call it crawling. Well now, after much practice, she is officially a crawler. It just kind of evolved this week. 

Something else happened this week. Our baby turned into a monkey. Friday morning I went to get her out of her crib when to my surprise, her hands were on the top rail of the crib and she was peeking over the top of the crib. My heart jumped and I quickly informed David that we needed to lower the crib mattress. So we did and I was very relieved. This morning David went to get her out of her crib and there she was again on her knees, holding on to the vertical rails and smiling like a monkey in a cage. This evening I put her in her crib while I ran her bath water. When I came back, her hands were on the top rail and she was STANDING and peering over the top of the crib. She found it hilarious. The crib is still too tall for her to do any damage, but I have a feeling we'll be moving the mattress down again very soon. Apparently when David was a baby, he liked to jump up and down in his crib while holding on to the rail. One time he jumped right out. Hopefully our monkey will not be jumping out of her cage--I mean crib--anytime soon. 

Anonymous –   – (December 17, 2007 at 10:47 AM)  

aawwwww, very sweet moments and adorable pics :-))

Anonymous –   – (December 17, 2007 at 1:01 PM)  

The crawling stage is so much fun...and work (keeping them out of things)...but more fun than anything else! Congrats, sweet Brooke! -Robin

Anonymous –   – (December 17, 2007 at 1:01 PM)  

The crawling stage is so much fun...and work (keeping them out of things)...but more fun than anything else! Congrats, sweet Brooke! -Robin

Miranda  – (December 18, 2007 at 12:43 PM)  

Wow...sounds like you are about to be very busy!

Miranda  – (December 18, 2007 at 12:43 PM)  

Wow...sounds like you are about to be very busy!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP