A Lump of Coal?

David and I thought it might be a neat thing to put the small Christmas tree we found last year at a garage sale in Brooke's room. We were thinking it could take the place of her flower light for the holidays, something fun and also something that would make her feel like a big girl. 
Santa was even considering leaving a gift there for her on Christmas Eve. It had a string of lights, some kid friendly ornaments and a few other decorations. 
She had one rule: Don't touch it. 
She nodded excitedly as we plugged in the lights and repeated to her over and over again, "You can look at it, but don't touch. Santa is watching you."

This morning I went into her room and noticed the contents of her pajama drawer strewn across the room. This is especially frustrating because I just organized the drawer yesterday. The basket of "headbounds" was empty, and I stepped on one and broke it as I got further into the pit of disaster. Books looked defeated as they lay on the floor, far from their normal resting place on the bookshelf.
I opened the empty pajama drawer and found the bulk of the decorations that had just hours before rested on the small aforementioned tree. Taken apart bit by bit, there they lay staring back at me. 
I sighed and called for Brooke to come take a look. Her face reflected the slightest smirk as she took in the magnitude of her dirty work. She acted unfazed as I carried the tree out of her room and set it in mine. The first sign of discontent came when I told her to put the pajamas back in the drawer, right now. She replied, "It's too hard, Mommy."
Oh. My. Goodness. What am I going to do with this girl?!
It took her a while, but she did clean up her room for the most part, and she apologized.
Let's hope that was the last of naughty until Christmas!

Alli  – (December 8, 2010 at 12:52 PM)  

Oh, those strong willed little girls! What will we do with them?

jennyc  – (December 9, 2010 at 10:44 PM)  

Brooke reminds me an awful lot of Colton. I was thinking of putting a tree in Colton's room too, but after reading your post I may nix that :) For the most part I love this age though! Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP