Roughin' It
>> 4/22/08 –
car,
daddy-daughter moments,
grandparents,
vacation
We had planned to spend a relaxing weekend at Lake Buchanan with my parents.
Brooke throwing up at small group Wednesday night told us that camping was probably out for the weekend. Then she got better...or so we thought. After following doctor instructions carefully, and because she was showing no symptoms of being sick anymore, we decided to continue with our plans. David was also a little sick to his stomach. Still, we pressed on.
We stopped at Whataburger on the way. One minute after stepping inside, Brooke Whatavomited several times all over the floor. And Mommy. We profusely apologized to the unfortunate teenager assigned to cleanup duty, and swiftly made our exit. I stripped down poor baby and decided to venture on to the cabin since it would be shorter than heading back home. David was pretty sick by this point too. I said the Serenity prayer a few times as I changed out of my vomit covered clothes.
I have learned something new about my baby through all of this. She is such a trooper! Aside from the obvious outward symptoms of being sick, she acts happy and sweet as ever. This is really what fooled us this weekend. We kept thinking she was getting better.
Anyway, the cabins my parents reserved in Tow (rhymes with "cow") were awesome...equipped with A/C, kitchens, bathrooms, tv. (The roughing it part of the title was the sick baby). We enjoyed relaxing for the most part with scenic drives through the countryside, a visit to the nearby winery, and the lake breeze on our cheeks. David started to feel better after an afternoon of resting. Mom was awesome with her yummy breakfasts and a picnic dinner beside the lake. We all enjoyed a fun game of "redneck" golf and a few rounds of the basketball game Horse, or as we renamed it-Catfish. Dad pretty much ruled at that game. We took Brooke to an urgent care clinic on Saturday just to make sure she was okay. We were assured that she was on the mend.
Brooke loves baseball.
We started our journey home on Sunday. Brooke slept for what seemed like forever in her brand new carseat. David even had me check to see if she was okay. A funny smell in Hillsboro prompted us to check out the back seat, and our fears were confirmed. Our poor little baby was sick again. The new carseat is now broken in.
We finally made it home and prayed our little girl would feel better. I don't want to speak too soon, but she is doing really well today!

Poor baby! Allie acts the same way when she is sick. She has been sick since Friday and acted like she felt better. Boy did she has us fooled! I hope she feels better soon!
That's horrible! Zac had the flu and threw up too. Brayden got it a couple of days later but luckily did not throw up. I feel your pain; I know how hard it is to watch while your baby is sick.
So sad! I'm glad she seems to be on the mend. Hopefully we'll see all 3 of you tonight, but if not, we totally understand!
Poor Bagley's... I'm glad you were still able to get away. Missed seeing you both on Wednesday.