Why me?







Brooke is 3 months old today! Which means I have been a mom for 3 months. It's hard to believe. It feels like time is flying sometimes, and sometimes it goes by very slowly. Jennifer recently asked me what my dreams were growing up and I answered, "To marry a nice tall man, and to be a mommy. Check, and check."
A question has been going through my mind lately and it is, "Why me?" I did nothing to deserve the blessings God has given me. I was born into a loving Christian home with, in my opinion, the two best parents in the world. They are the kind of parents that value my happiness so highly
they would sacrifice their own. They have consistently been a strong and loving support throughout my entire life, in every step along the way. They have loved and supported me through every accomplishment and every failure. Dad and Mom always made/make me feel so incredibly special while still instilling the values of a humble and giving servant in me. I strive to be like them as parents. I was given a big brother, a big sister, and a little sister, which made growing up so much fun. What a privilege to have these people as lifelong friends. I am so grateful for my wonderful childhood. During the college years, I experienced many ups and downs while learning some lessons the hard way. I was ignoring God at this point, yet still somehow He blessed me with the determination and self discipline to graduate and maintain close relationships with my very best childhood friends. At the darkest time in my life when I was turning my face away from God, He gave me David. When my judgement was cloudy at best, He sent me a man who would lead me back to my purpose. I now find myself in a marriage centered on Christ with a man who consistently puts my needs before his own. God has blessed me with a sweet, generous, selfless, patient, supportive, respectful, wonderful, amazing life partner, and for that I am taken aback. We were led to a church full of people that have truly helped strengthen our spiritual lives. Friendships I had longed for were found here, more abundantly than I could have imagined. I have been given two wonderful years as an elementary teacher. I cherish watching my students learn and grow. I'm so glad to have the gift of relating to children. On top of all that, we've seemed to have fallen into parenthood without a hitch. We were pleasantly surprised to be expecting a baby. Then came the uncomplicated pregnancy, the healthy birth, and the amazing joy that is our sweet Brooke. David and I often ask each other, "How is she so perfect?" I am thankful every day for her, and I pray that we can be the leaders she needs us to be. What a joy it is to embark into motherhood. Thanks to the support of my awesome husband, I am able to stay home with our sweet girl for at least a year. I am living a life surrounded by people whom I love dearly and I am so appreciative.
God's love never ceases to amaze me. He knows my sins and He forgives me and continues to add happiness to my life. I don't deserve any of it. I am humbled.

Anonymous –   – (August 23, 2007 at 10:16 AM)  

Wonderful job on the site :-) Love the collage of pictures of Brooke. She was so incredibly sweet laughing and entertaining us all. I look forward to keeping up with you. Your words are so beautiful, a perfect reflection of the glimpes of your heart I've been blessed with. Thank you for letting us in!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP