Getting her feet wet


We took Brooke to the pool for the first time Friday night. It was also her first ride in the stroller without the bucket... Our little girl is growing up (sniff, sniff, tear). Someone was nice enough to give us a cute swim outfit with a hat and bottoms. After dressing her in it, we decided it was too "boy" looking, so we quickly added a pink shirt so that no bystander would mistake our pretty pretty princess for a boy. Being the good girl that she is, she didn't even cry when we put her in the cool water. Daddy took her for a little swim and she loved it. When she got out of the pool we thought she was cold so we stripped her down and wrapped her in a towel. I wonder when we'll stop being such worry warts. 
My parents flew in Thursday and we enjoyed some time just hanging out before they caught their flight to Germany. I bet they are having a blast. This is a much needed vacation for my hard working parents. It is very hard not talking to my mom though; we usually call each other every day or every other day, and I am missing talking to her.
We had a low key weekend. Saturday David, Brooke, and I went up to his school and put the finishing touches on David's classroom. It looks awesome! I got my teaching itch satisfied for a while by helping out with a couple of bulletin boards. I will be feeling a little sad tomorrow as school starts and I am without a class of eager kiddos, but I am soooooo thankful that I don't have to leave my baby girl to go to work.
We barely made it to church this morning for class at 9:45! I used to be AT school at 7:15 every morning, and I can't even make it somewhere at 9:45. Man I need to get back into the swing of things. I partially blame our new found obsession with the show "24". We rented the first season and haven't been able to pull ourselves away from it, even late at night. We are so engrossed that I had a horrible nightmare last night about being chased. That didn't really stop me from watching a few hours of it today. *Sigh*
We are looking forward to a great week. I see this as my first official SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) week. Yay!

Gorgeous picture of you and Brooke! You're a beautiful mommy